View Full Version : When its all said and done
06-24-2007, 02:22 PM
What do u want to happen and what do u honestly think will happen
What i want to happen:
1) Brewer fals to us at 8 and we draft Sean Williams at 22nd
2) Some how Yi drops to us and we trade our 8th an 22nd for JRich and their 18th an draft Sean Williams
What i think will happen:
We will draft Noah at 8 and Morris Almond at 22
06-24-2007, 02:32 PM
What I want to happen:
We trade the #8 and #22 to Atlanta for Al Horford. With him playing next to Emeka, we would brutalize our opponents on the boards.
What will happen:
* We take Noah at #8
* We pick troublemaker Sean Williams at #22
* I crack open a bottle of vodka and drink heavily.
06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
What I want to happen:
1) Wright drops down to 8 and we scoop him up, bringing Charlotte to the excitement level equal to that of a teenager discovering Myspace.
2) Big Trouble N Little China drops down to 8 and we scoop him up, bringing those of us who wanted him, plus the entire People's Republic of China to the excitement level equal to that of a teenager discovering Myspace.
What will happen:
06-24-2007, 02:59 PM
What I want to happen: Trade BK, the 8 and 22 to Atlanta and then draft Horford.
What I think will end up happening: We watch Brewer get taken at 7 (I start cussing at my TV) and then we pick Noah (he does his dumb ass dance on stage/I cuss somemore).
06-24-2007, 03:00 PM
what i want to happen.
1) Big Trouble falls to 8, we draft him and the one billion fans that will follow him. and at 22 we select sean williams giving us one of the strongest front courts in the NBA. able to give a team about 30 different down low looks. it would be tough to handle.
2) Package the 8, Sean May, Primoz and Brevin for Pau Gasol and Stromiles contract. use the 22 to draft either a SG or another project big. i honestly think this is the one trade that is semi-plausible and the one trade that would put us in the top 3 eastern conference teams at the very least
what will happen.
We draft Noah at 8. and i know this is blasphemy. but we could do worse talent wise than picking Noah, AND he did win a national championship so that continues with big name winners that we draft... it will strengthen our frontcourt... not bring it down.. BUT we will all come away feeling like we could have gotten more.
06-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Want to Happen:
I'd really like to see Big Trouble (well dubbed, by the way) in a Bobcats Uniform next year. I think it makes both good basketball AND good business sense.
Yeah, we'll probably get Noah, and I'm just mature enough to know that I would eventually be able to take him and his ponytail seriously. Eventually. On draft day, however, I too start cussing like a sailor and take some time away from my family for their own emotional protection.
While I'm here though, anybody else notice that ESPN's Mock Draft has us taking Noah over Yi? That'd be a little disappointing.
06-24-2007, 06:31 PM
We can't draft Yi we already drafted a bust last year... it just doesn't make sense to take two busts in a row.
I think we'll end up with Noah but I'll pray like hell that Brewer falls to us.
Just think if we'd lost like 2 more games we'd be taking Oden or Durant tomorrow night :mad:
06-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Rallydurham, we did not draft a bust last year!!! He will come around.
I want Yi! I have been watching videos on youtube of him, He looks like a future superstar.
We will end up making a stupid trade that nobody likes or we draft Joakim Noah, who most dont want.
06-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Honestly I think what will happen is that a run on big men will happen, like Bernie said, and we are sitting at #8 with Yi on the board, then we trade with Golden State to get Richardson. At either 18 or 22 we take Sean Williams, the other pick I would love to see Morris Almond, as we can never have enough good shooters. Unfortunately that means we keep BK, but I can live with that if we come out with Richardson and Williams at the least.
06-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Why does everyone just assume we will take Noah? I will be shocked if we do. I think it's extremely unlikely. I think Brewer is who we want, but not sure he's there at 8. I believe that we will either trade up or trade out of the draft completely.
06-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Why does everyone just assume we will take Noah? I will be shocked if we do. I think it's extremely unlikely.
Welcome to the board sugarfree311,
I think its a combination of Noah being a Bickerstaff type of guy ( defense, high energy, winner at he college level ) and most of us preparing ourselves for the worst, because we all feel that having incredible energy isn't enough to make you a star in the NBA... plus that ponytail is really disturbing.
06-24-2007, 11:04 PM
What I'd like to happen:
1) Trade the 8, 22 and a player for J-rich and 18
2) Get Pau Gasol
3) Draft Brewer with 8, Sean Williams, Marc Gasol, or Big Baby davis @ 22
4) Draft Wright with 8, then pick up the best SG available.
What is likely to happen:
We draft Wright with 8, with the possibility of getting Brewer instead. Depending on who we draft first determines if we go big with Gasol or small with Almond.
06-25-2007, 12:48 AM
What I'd like to happen -- you all have it covered; JRich, Brewer, B. Wright...
What I think will happen...
Sheesh I keep being stumped by the Celtics...
1) Hawks will hold and take Horford and Law (don't blame them)
2) Grizzlies will take Conley or Noah
3) Brandon Wright will not fall to us; he'll get picked up by the Bucks at 6 at worst.
4) Wolves will do the righteous thing and take Noah or Hawes; why I have no idea, they're the Wolves.
5) Yi...will go to the Warriors, its just TOO good for them to pass up...They have to jump in, but with the 5th pick or the 8th? Either way the Bobcats get JRich, in either a 2-way or 3-way trade; its just a matter of what the overall package is.
5) Celtics? who the heck knows...they own the board IMO. They can take Yi, Brewer, Green or trade for a veteran. All this Garnett talk has done nothing but be a distraction.
6) Kobe is due to go off again any time now, which will give the Charlotte Observer something to write about on Thursday morning.
06-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Wright does make sense for the Bucks doesn't he? Maybe that's where he will go, I had forgotten about them, lol. Everything lines up for us to get J-Rich then, which wouldnt be bad. Then Sean Williams at 22 makes perfect sense, maybe Jermareo Davidson in the 2nd round if the Warriors throw in a second round pick.
06-25-2007, 01:03 AM
I hope so; but really all I know is what I read between the lines of the internets...
that and a quarter for a cup of coffee?
06-25-2007, 01:50 AM
what i want to happen:
* we draft brewer or yi on the 8th
* trade down to get rudy fernandez (maybe that GSW trade rumor would do us good)
* get darko on the free agency
* another big on the 22nd
what will i think will happen:
* we draft :banghead: noah
* we trade up and get :bang: wright
* i start a fight w/ a random guy on the street to whack my anger out. of course i'd get beaten up, but what could do worse?
06-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Jared Dudley in round 2?
I've also read around that Marcus Williams has been falling in the mocks....that would be sweeeet to pick him up.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.6 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.