View Full Version : Can Gerald Wallace keep up this rebounding pace all season?
12-08-2009, 10:29 PM
We all know that Crash is a beast... but 12.2 rebounds per game?!?!?!? That is Rodmanesque, It's like he is channelling the spirit of Charles Oakley.
Can he keep up the pace? Yes or No.
yes assuming no injuries and we don't acquire a rebounding pf or center
12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Hell yes he has what it takes to be a beast on the boards
12-08-2009, 10:47 PM
definitely..and hope he can improve it!
12-08-2009, 11:45 PM
He'll go down but not much...
12-09-2009, 01:44 AM
If it was anybody else, I'd say no, but Gerald is that special player you never doubt. If it's something he wants to do, he'll keep up the pace.
Plus, with 16 tonight, that 12.2 will creep up a little bit more.
Article on Crash...and is this an "aberration"...not a great read (some good stats) but not a waste...
The most important thing from all of this is at least our team and players are finally getting noticed...
Felton for Prez
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
My fear is that we don't do anything with the roster and he has to keep rebounding like this. I'm hoping he gets some help before he gets hurt.
That being said, I'll enjoy it while I can. The dude absolutely skies for rebounds. Even my wife said "wow" a few times at the game last night on some of his rebounds.
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
he is only leading the league because he plays so many minutes. Hopefully his numbers will go down a bit with his minutes and he will have something left for the playoffs.
12-10-2009, 01:15 PM
GW lives to play a lot of minutes, you cut his minutes ans he wouldnt be the same....:cool:
12-18-2009, 05:54 PM
I just don't want to see him get hurt
from espn chat:
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif[Comment From Gerlad Wallace Gerlad Wallace: ]
I am pulling down a ridiculous 12 rebounds per game. Will I finally get some respect and make the all star team this year. Friday December 18, 2009 5:50 Gerlad Wallace
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/avitars/phpQePHSgSILogoRR9-8-09.jpghttp://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gifPete Newmann, ESPN:
ABSOLUTELY! You will be an All-Star...congratulations.
12-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Is Gerlad LB's sidekick?
12-18-2009, 09:30 PM
It should have been...
I vote hell yes, Crash is on a mission this year.
12-19-2009, 11:37 AM
My guess, Gerald will average 3-5 more points per game and 1-2 less rebounds per game by the end of the season. I forsee something like 19 and 11.
Crash...nothing in the 18/10-20/12 range would surprise me...he plays the flow of the game (and his teammates) so on occasion he gives up touches...but that is the range I expect this year...
12-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Crash can keep up this pace, but I'm not sure for how long.
I believe by the end of his season, he'll probably be a 20/10 player, if we're damn lucky hes a 25/11 player.
12-19-2009, 09:50 PM
gw the best:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:: biggrin:
12-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Browsing thru some stats this AM and look what I ran across:
Basketball Reference Defensive Ratings Leaders (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_yearly.html)
DRtg - Defensive Rating (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); for players and teams it is points allowed per 100 posessions. This rating was developed by Dean Oliver, author of Basketball on Paper (http://www.basketballonpaper.com/). I will point you to Dean's book for complete details.
Guess who's sitting on top for the 2009/2010 season. :cool:
Here's another..."player rankings overall" by CBS Sports:
CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/OVERALL?&_1:col_1=2)
1. LeBron James (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/400553), CLE (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/CLE)
2. Carmelo Anthony (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/400526), DEN (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/DEN)
3. Kobe Bryant (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/6496), LAL (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/LAL)
4. Kevin Durant (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1231866), OKC (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/OKC)
5. Dirk Nowitzki (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/20622), DAL (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/DAL)
6. Dwyane Wade (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/400578), MIA (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/MIA)
6. Chris Bosh (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/400537), TOR (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/TOR)
8. Gerald Wallace (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/240315), CHA (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/CHA)
If Crash isn't an all star this year it'll be a travesty.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.