Bobcats Planet name: BRNC
Real name (first only): Larry
Current City: Blowing Rock, NC
Hometown: Atlanta, Ga
1) How did you choose your screen name?
BR for Blowing Rock and NC.
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
Atlanta...large Southern City similar to Charlotte. It has always been somewhat diverse, even when I was growing up (Stone-Age?). I have one younger brother (50) that lives with his wife in Ohio.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
I played Basketball, Baseball, Football, and ran track. I stopped Football after the ninth grade and Basketball and Track after the tenth grade. I was a good pitcher so I stayed with Baseball. I also played Soccer for two years. The faster Football players were "encouraged" to play so I did.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
When high School ended.
5) What was your first job?
I actually had a couple of paper routes while I was in high School.:biggrin:
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Bobcat's?
Well, I quit the Hawks years ago. I love the game and after moving to NC adopted the Hornets as my team. When we got our new franchise I was an instant fan.
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Bobcat's?
I can't even remember the year now but we beat the Lakers here short-handed. I was at the game and it just reinforced my respect for how our players work hard. They may not be pretty but you know they'll give effort, or at least most will.
8 ) How did you find the Bobcats Planet and what keeps you active on the site?
I was doing a search on Bobcats news a few years back and BCP popped up. I was a "ghost" for awhile and started to have a great deal of respect for Ziggy and the members. I joined and still enjoy the site, Ziggy, and the folks we have as members.
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
Atlanta Braves, Carolina Panthers, and the Suns.
10) When you’re not on Bobcats Planet what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
What spare time?:p
Consulting...spending as much time with my wife as I can...reading...exercising...taking care of the animals...
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Bobcats organization, what would it be?
Tough question. I guess it would be easy to say the GM but really I'd only want to negotiate our trades...I think we need someone that is willing to really work another team and that I could do.
12) How many trips have you made to the Time Warner Cable Arena?
Too many I guess. I've had some form (half usually) of season ticket since the second season.
13) What is your worst fear?
Something will happen to one of my children. Typical (I think) parental fear. They're all in college now but it stays with me.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Chess, computers, reading, and various card games.
15) What’s your favorite food?
I have many but certainly Cheesecake comes to mind.:D
16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
I've traveled extensively...Toronto, Paris, London are overseas favorites...San Fransisco, Boston, and any mountains are my favorites in the US.
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Two actually. I''d like to visit Scotland where some of my ancestors were from and visit Australia and New Zealand.
18 ) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
My wife and I live where we want to live. We both love the mountains and both spent time here over the years. But, if I had to live some place other than here I like Toronto and San Francisco for cities.
19) Name your favorite 3 Bobcats all time and explain the reason for one of them.
Gerald Wallace...the epitome (IMO) of hard work.
Raymond Felton...not all the skills you'd like in a PG but continues to grow.
Derrick Brown...good kid and I think he'll grow to be a solid NBA player.
20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Bobcats Planet memories?
The funniest for me was when I posted on a thread that "no one hated Larry Hughes" and I can't remember who posted at almost the same time "I hate Larry Hughes". It came up right under my post. I still smile when I think about it.:biggrin:
21) Anything else you'd like to add?
Try to give your fellow members courtesy...if you disagree that's fine but keep it on topic not on them. If someone says something that rally bothers you PM them and discuss it. PMs have worked for me.
Who would you like to nominate to be interviewed next?
teej...he was the first member here that offered to be friends and even though we don't always agree, we don't have to, it says a good deal for people that make an effort to be friends. I think it is also a good thing for other members to get a chance to know the "staff". I've extended my friendship list since then and hope to continue to extend it.