I have seen ppl on here mention now that we have jordan as owner, could we get any Team Jordan athletes to come play for the bobcats...so id like to get ur take on the possibilities...heres a link to the athletes:
1) Melo: he is a FA next year and recently there have been talks of him possibly goin to the knicks next year...we have a lot of big expirings next year, Tyson ($12.7 mill) and Nazy ($6.8 mill)...prolly wont happen
2) D-Wade: a FA this year and since we dont have any cap room, its an obvious no
3) CP3: the only way to get him would be thru a trade, but with collison playing out of his mind lately, maybe they would consider a trade...but most likely, they would package collison with okafor/peja to clear cap room
4) Ray Allen: I really like ray allen and he is a FA this year...do u think he still wants to start next year, cuz if not, i would love to have him as our 6th man!! i mean we had flip and now hughes as our backup SG, can u imagine the upgrade in allen?!? im prolly just gettin my hopes up but if we could package hendo/nazy for a low contract in the offseason, maybe it would b a possibility
5) Joe Johnson: again, FA this year and we have no room
6) Rip Hamilton: contract is HUGE and he is gettin old
Other names: josh howard, bibby, kevin martin, q-rich, jared jefferies, finley, juwan howard, bobby simmons
Where Trading Happens As Much As It Does On
Im pretty sure Derek Anderson and Juwan Howard both ended up here because they were JB guys in need of jobs.
But i have said this once and will say it again, no JB guy is gonna come here just because Jordan owns the team. It will make them seem like MJ's 'bitch', wearing his shoes, spending his money, playing on his team. Melo or Wade would never come here just because they want to make their own images, not work for and learn from Jordan.
I also said if their was more than the JB connection (ie former teammates/coaches, hometown team, just a good fit overall) that is when we can utlize MJ as a recruitor to bring a guy in. We cannot just rely on Jordan Brand though.