Another little known fact... teej shares the same birthday as my son
Bobcats Planet name: Teej
Real name (first only): T.J.
Current City: Hickory, NC
Hometown: Asheville, NC
Occupation: Full-time student.
1) How did you choose your screen name?
It's the nickname I've had since I was little. Short for my initials, T.J.
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I've lived in Asheville (til I was 5), Greenville, SC (til I was 9), Greensboro, NC (til I was 13), and now Hickory. My dad worked for Volvo for a long time and they shuffled him around. Now he's a local CPA (accountant). My mom works in the furniture industry. I have a little brother, Andrew, who's a rising freshman in high school.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
I played 6 years of football and wrestled for a year as far as school sports. I'm not nearly athletically gifted to play anything else. But pick-up games? Any day. I'm in National Honor Society, Beta Club, Latin Club, and Model UN.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
Dunno yet. I've got 2 1/2 years left to find out. But so far, probably going to Washington, D.C. All sorts of cool stuff there.
5) What was your first job?
Just working for my dad, nothing "steady" yet.
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Bobcats?
We got free tickets to a game back in '07, that was the Magic game on ESPN. I vaguely remembered the team from Okafor and the crew on C-Set which I somehow had). I liked what I saw then, came back for another game against the Mavs that January, and followed off-and-on until LB was hired. After that, I decided the team was worth keeping up with.
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Bobcats?
Making the playoffs, as a comeback game in NoLa. Nothing better than beating Shinn's lottery team to make the postseason for the first time. And that home crowd for Game 3 was electric. And honorable mention to Gerald Wallace's buzzer beater against the Grizzlies, and all of Ray and Jack's clutch shots.
8 ) How did you find the Bobcats Planet and what keeps you active on the site?
I found BCP after the J-Rich trade, as at the time I was ticked off. But after I read a little, I decided that this was a great place to follow the team, and hopefully I can give something back to you guys at some point.
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
Carolina Panthers, Oakland Raiders, Boston Celtics, Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, and Carolina Hurricanes. I love sports, period.
10) When you’re not on Bobcats Planet what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
Schoolwork, maybe some Xbox and hanging out with my friends.
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Bobcats organization, what would it be?
Co-Owner. I would love to be the majority owner and sit back and let MJ and co. run the team. Like what Bob Johnson did, just I wouldn't be an ass. And if not that, then coach. That'd be a fun gig, managing a bunch of millionaires and trying to get them to try.
12) How many trips have you made to the Time Warner Cable Arena?
Around 10, maybe 15. Probably 10 for Bobcats games. Love it. Nicest arena in the southeast.
13) What is your worst fear?
That I'm the reason something failed.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Anything sports related, computer/video games stuff, and writing/reading.
15) What’s your favorite food?
Lasagna or steak
16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
Unfortunately I've never left the country, but of the places I've been, I love DC, and Rhode Island is nice.
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Hmmm. Play MJ 1-on-1. Or make Forbe's billionaire list. That'd be pretty cool.
18 ) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Charlotte. No question.
19) Name your favorite 3 Bobcats all time and explain the reason for one of them.
1) Gerald Wallace. No explanation is needed. He gives effort every night and is a great guy. And the best player the team has had.
2) Raja Bell. Mostly the same reasons as Crash, and his brain.
3) Matt Carroll. I just loved what he did, and he seemed like a really cool guy to be around.
20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Bobcats Planet memories?
Draft Chat last year, and the trolls from Orlando. Plus all the times Walt and I have gone at it. And hopefully once Swedd and I get the radio show going again.
21) Anything else you'd like to add?
Thanks to all you guys for making this a great place, especially Ziggy. Ever since I became a mod I've realized how much work Zig puts into this, and he's not making any money off it. And thanks to everyone who puts up with my ramblings.
Who would you like to nominate to be interviewed next?
Teej isn't a man yet...still. Perhaps one day he will reach the wonderous and magical place that is called manhood (well for Aus anyway you gotta be 18 ^^).
Quick Q, what in the world is a National Honor Society and what is a Beta Club
Proud Australian Bobcats Fan!!!