Okay guys, as most of you know, I'm a college basketball nut. I follow teams from Centenary to North Carolina and all of them between. This thread will be for us to discuss the guys in our target range.
Looking at our depth Chart, we have good young talent at the PG, SG, and PF slots. That makes our targets in the draft at the SF and C positions. Fortunately, there are a ton of likable wings available in the draft who can provide some of what we miss in Crash. There are, however, very few big men targets.
We'll use this thread to talk about them. As it gets closer to the draft, we'll break them out into individual threads to get a more specific look at each player. So, as you watch college ball (and you definitely should if you enjoy REAL basketball), then do your best to check these guys out so you have a better understanding of the players we'll be looking at.
Targets in the 8-12 (Bobcats pick) range in no order:
- Terrence Jones--6'8" 245, Freshman from Kentucky
- Harrison Barnes--6'8" 210, Freshman from North Carolina
- Jan Vesely--6'11" 240, 20 years old from Czech Republic
- Jordan Hamilton--6'7" 220, Sophomore from Texas
- Kawhi Leonard--6'7" 225, Sophomore from San Diego St.
- Jonas Valanciunas--6'11" 240, 18 years old from Lithuania
- Enes Kanter--6'10" 250, 18 years old from Switzerland/Kentucky
- Donatas Motiejunas--7'0" 215, 20 years old from Lithuania
Targets for the Hornets pick vary widely because they can be in the 13-14 range, or 18-22. If the pick falls into the lottery, we'll be targeting two of the players listed above. Otherwise, the following "next tier" players will be the target.
- Tyler Honeycutt--6'8" 190, Sophomore from UCLA
- Marcus Morris--6'9" 235, Junior from Kansas
- Chris Singleton--6'9" 225, Junior from Florida St.
- JaJuan Johnson--6'10" 225, Senior from Purdue
- Lucas Nogueira--7'0" 225, 18 years old from Brazil
- Keith Benson--6'11" 230, Senior from Oakland