Can't Wait!!!Game Informer announced yesterday that Mass Effect 3 would be featured as the cover story for their May issue and the first round of information from the issue has already been revealed.
The issue has reached subscribers hands already and we’ve collected some bits of details regarding the game for our readers below
* The Game begins with Shepard on Earth
* Shepard is on trial in regards to the events of Arrival
* Reapers invade while the trial is happening
* Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
* Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders
* Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down
* Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
* Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” interactive comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
* The Illusive Man plays a big role
* Cerberus is out to kill Shepard
* Enhanced RPG elements
* More freedom with character skills
* Larger skill trees
* Powers will evolve several times, not just once
* Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list
* Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
* Numerous endings
* Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
* No multiplayer will be featured in the game
There’s more information in the latest issue of Game Informer and you would do well to reserve a copy, if you haven’t as yet. We’ll update you with more details as they trickle in.
Mass Effect 3 is scheduled for a Fall 2011 release this year for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.