Finally some good discussion
PG - Kemba/DJ. I like DJ, I like what he can do, but Kemba is the future. No doubt about it. DJ backs him up, probably will start the season with DJ though.
SG - Henderson/Carroll. Hendo got playing time last year and he delivered. His jumper looks to be improving as well as his ball handling, and he looks like he's been moving freely. Probably will start off slow, but I look to him to be a nice 3rd option or so on offense. Hammer to give backup minutes.
SF - Maggy/DC. Maggette to do this thing, hopefully can get back to his old years, but he's rather old now. DC is a nice roleplayer, will certainly do his thing and give us some good minutes.
PF - Tyrus/Diaw/DJ. Tyrus to start and get consistent minutes, breakout season God willing. Diaw to give him backup minutes and to shift over to C (his love fats are good for one thing, defending centers). DJ to give roleplayer minutes.
C - Brown/Diaw/Smack. Brown to give his solid contributions, wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in scoring to 10 ppg. Diaw to backup minutes, Smack for development minutes, whenever that will be.
What we need:
1. A Center. Smack will be several years away from producing at a high level besides defense, and we all know that everyone in BCP is secretly praying that he'll grow another 3 feet to hit 7".
2. Small Forward. Maggy is getting on in the years, need to address that definately. DC is good for roleplayer minutes, dont see him as a starter though.
Where are we?
Best to Worse
1. Timberwolves (Love, Beasley, Johnson, Rubio. Have the talent)
2. Nuggets (I think it depends completely on whether they're able to resign Nene. If so, they keep this spot. If not, they go down several spots)
3. Nets (D.Will is good enough to carry the Nets with Lopez and Kardashian)
4. Bobcats (Us, hooray)
5. Cavaliers (Irving, that 4th pick dude that no one thought he would go at, The Bearded One, Flopper and Jamison. It's not bad, it's not THAT good either)
6. Bucks (Until Jennings learns to pass and not take stupid ass shots and shoot a low FG percentage [remind you of anyone that used to play for the Bobcats?] and the team actually passes to Bogut in the post, they'll be around here)
7. Raptors (Barg will score 20, won't play defense and get dominated by other high octane rebounders. DeRozan is meh, at best probably will be Igoudala, not some scoring champion that everyone on RealGM thinks he will become. Take that RealGM, come at me in an aggressive manner, male sibling)
8. Kings (Hickson tried, and failed to produce on the 'hype' surrounding him last season. Tyreke is a great player but regressed last year, still good though. Besides that, Cousins and Thornton give them some depth. Ranked here, but their future looks better)
9. Wizards (Wall is good. McGee is overrated. Blatche is a headcase. Placed here for inconsistency)
10. Pistons (Until they ever get the stability they had in the LB years, will be right here)
Proud Australian Bobcats Fan!!!
PG-DJ-Walker, DJ needs to be traded ASAP. We tryed the DJ , Felton thing . Whitch til this day i think hurt DJs confidence. We not good any way so why not just hand Walker the rings from day one. A 2012 FIRST and a lesser player sounds perfect . Cho get her done.
SG , Hendo / Hammer, Hendo no doubt hear due to lack of competion. At worst we build up Hendos value and move him at the trade deadline. At best he becomes part of our long term core.
SF Another area for concern like SG may be even a much bigger concern, Maggs will start hear . But in no way is he part of a long term plan [H Barnes] any one? DC who i consider to be a long term back and a solid one at that could take Maggs mins depending on how Maggs produces. Still DC i don't think could be a long term starter.
PF TT , either he does or he don't . Hes got the contract so we got to get Boris out of his way. So Boris has to go, again we hopeing for a 2012 first . Even if its a packege of him and DJ to net a loto pick Cho again get her done, DJ White is another perfect fit like Cunningham to be come a long term role player as a back up PF. Both of those guys will come cheap and alow more money for starters .
C , Smack again gets put right into the fire . Making it clear hes our long term starter. But signing K Brown hear is key to making us at least respectable. A three or four year contract hear is in line. At a smart price . Remembering be for last season he was on his way out of the league. A fLAT 2 milion per year sounds about fair. And should lock him up . If for some reason some fools are offering full MLEs for him we got to let him go. We again should try and get some kind of BURN out of DIOP even if its just carring team equipment, or cleaning jock straps.
SF , is our largest need, With Barnes , Jones , Mcadoo in a very strong draft . This is the first need we have to meat
SG , is big concern all so . This being a put up or shut up year for Henderson , I really think he makes it
PF , SAME as SG , Its time for TT to either produce or get off the shiter, Showing our needs to get our hands on as many 2012 picks as we can.
Last season we put our bets down on Kemba, and Smack , Lets hope they work.
HOW good are we ??
We in complete rebuilding mode. With the players we have in place i see us compeating with the Pistons for the number 1#draft pick . Prediction for a full 82 game season 12 wins.
SF- Maggs will probably put the most points on the board this upcoming season... even more than Kemba. We need some more depth here because Maggs may have nagging injuries throughout the season. We may want to make a move to acquire Shane Battier to play SF, SG, and PF. Battier can help in mentoring the younger players and is still a beast on defense.
SG- Hendo is solid defensively, so we lock him in as part of our future. Ship Carroll out to another team for a 2nd round pick in 2014. Sign a versatile free agent like Rasual Butler who can play the 2 or the 3.
PF- We have enough depth here, so no worries.
C- If Kwame signs somewhere else, then make a move to acquire Dalembert or Chris Wilcox or Chuck Hayes. Hayes or Dalembert would be beneficial in mentoring Bismack.
I am surprised y'all don't have Phoenix lumped in there with the worst teams in the league.
I still see Phoenix up there, until they start to trade for younger pieces for the future.
Proud Australian Bobcats Fan!!!