It's no secret that I like the idea of getting this guy if we lose the lottery and then trade down for multiple picks/players. Some reasoning:
1. His comfort with the ball on the low block. That little jump hook is dirty. Apart from Sean May's brief period of healthy play, we've needed a young offensive big man like that for years.
2. He can also knock down the 12-17 footers.
3. His mobility/versatility as a big. At a not-so-buff 250 lbs., he might struggle guarding a few mammoth-sized Centers. But he has the mobility to stay with most 4's as well.
4. His ability to run the floor. If we're commited to Kemba, we need guys who can join him on the break.
5. As covered in another thread, his compatibility with Bismack Biyombo. They are somewhat interchangable on defense. Zeller brings the offensive skills, while Bismack brings the brute strength and defensive tools.
Getting Zeller and some higher-drafted stud could make me happy this summer....and help ease the wound of not getting Anthony Davis......
Hey, thanks to whoever made it "official". I didn't find an official one to post in.