A LOT of youth with question marks on that squad, though I guess the the said no matter who we draft.My Offseason Trades and Free Agency Moves for the Bobcats:
1) Trade the #2 Pick to the Portland Trail Blazers for the #6 and #11 Picks. With the #6 Pick Draft - Andre Drummond [6'11 - C].
2) Trade the #11 Pick to the Boston Celtics for the #21 and #22 Picks. With the #21 Pick Draft - Quincy Miller [6'9 - SF] and with the #22 Pick Draft - Doron Lamb [6'4 - PG].
3) With the #31 Pick draft Darius Miller [6'7 - SF].
4) Trade Corey Maggette (and his expiring contract) to the L.A. Clippers for Caron Butler and Trey Thompkins [6'10 - PF - #37 Pick in 2011 Draft] and Travis Leslie [6'4 - SG - #45 Pick in 2011 Draft]. Once the Bobcats reach 1 Calendar Year since their buyout of Boris Diaw, BUY OUT Caron Butler's contract.
- For those of you who don't know much about Trey Thompkins he has a great offensive feel for the game from posting up, to mid-range, and even the 3-point line.
- Then you have Travis Leslie who at 6'4 has a 6'11 Wingspan and 8'7 Standing Reach to go along with a 41" vertical. He is the definition of an elite athlete that has the potential to be a great perimeter defender. Most probably remember him from his dunk over DeMarcus Cousins.
5) Let D.J. Augustin, Derrick Brown, and D.J. White WALK in Free Agency.
6) SIGN Antawn Jamison to a 2-Year $7 million dollar deal to finish off his career as a Charlotte Bobcat.
7) AMNESTY Tyrus Thomas.
That would leave the Charlotte Bobcats with a 2012/2013 Roster:
PG: Kemba Walker (5'11 - 22 Years Old) - Doron Lamb (6'4 - 20 Years Old)
SG: Gerald Henderson (6'5 - 24 Years Old) - Reggie Williams (6'6 - 25 Years Old) - Travis Leslie (6'4 - 22 Years Old)
SF: Quincy Miller (6'9 - 19 Years Old) - Caron Butler (6'7 - 32 years Old) - Darius Miller (6'7 - 22 Years Old)
PF: Antawn Jamison (6'9 - 36 Years Old) - B.J. Mullens (7'0 - 23 Years Old) - Trey Thompkins (6'10 - 22 Years Old)
C: Bismack Biyombo (6'9 - 20 Years Old) - Andre Drummond (6'11 - 19 Years Old)
That is a lot of young, talented, and athletic players alongside a couple veteran leaders in Jamison and Butler. They will STILL STRUGGLE mightily and be one of the worst teams in the NBA next season but also a team with incredible potential and youth. They would still be bad enough to get a Top 5 pick in the 2013 Draft and then this team would have the potential to really make some huge jumps like the Thunder did from the 23 wins in 2008-2009 Season to the 50 win team in 2009-2010 season. I believe these moves would get them on that track! What do you think?
I'd be much more interested in this if somehow Robinson dropped to the 6th pick, which seems unlikely at the moment.