We did a much better job in the 2nd quarter, but we still need alot of work in this department.
1) Kemba - deep 3 Poor shot
2) Mully - deep contested 3 Poor shot
3) JT - mid rang jumper off screen Good shot
4) Biz - rushed post hook Ok shot
5) Kemba - quick spinning fade away Poor shot
6) Mully - late contested 3 Poor shot
7) Higgins - mid range drive fouled Good shot
JT - quick contested 3 Poor shot
9) Kemba - wild heave at shot clock buzzer Poor shot
10) Kemba - mid range drive pull up Good shot
11) JT - deep 2 contested pull up Poor shot
12) Kemba - deep clean look 3 Poor shot (normally this would be ok but he needs to attack and look for layups and easy elbow jumpers,as of now he shouldnt have a green light from)
13) Mully - clean up bucket Good shot
14) Emgi - deep hook Ok shot
15) Brown - drive contested fade away Poor shot
16) Kemba - quick spinning contested deep 2 Poor shot
17) Biz - layup Good shot
1) Paris - open 3 Good shot
2) JT - mid range pull up off 1 move Fouled Good shot
3) Higgins - mid range pull up jumper slightly off balance Ok shot
4) Mully - somewhat clean look 3 Ok shot
5) ? - nice cut layup Good shot
6) JT - clean 3 Good shot
7) JT - aggressive drive layup Good shot
Mully - contested 3 Poor shot
9) ? - aggressive drive layup Good shot
10) Mully - late contested 3 Poor shot
11) Mully - clean 3 Good shot
12) JT - drive floater Ok shot
13) Kemba - drive step back somewhat contested j Ok shot
14) Brown - Dunk Good shot
15) Kemba - open elbow jumper Good shot
16) Biz - wild contested j Poor shot
17) ? - clean mid range j Good shot
Poor Shots - 13 '(38%)
Good Shots - 15 (44%)
Ok Shots - 6 (17%)
Total Shots - 34
As you can see we only got a good shot off 44% of the time. This needs to be around 70-80%. We need to cut down the poor shots to 10-15% of the time.
We have got to focus on maximizing every possession and getting the highest % / best shot possible.
I'll give you credit for going back and breaking those details down man, that's some dedication lol
The Original Charlotte Hornets - 1987-2002 - RIP
The Current Charlotte Bobcats - 2004-2014 - Its Been Fun
The New Charlotte Hornets - 2014-Always - The way it always should have been...
I doubt Dunlap views it that way.
On top of that, I saw the same poor shot selection all last year during the regular season.
But I guess you are free to think what you want...
Not to even mention that the likes of Higgins, Ralph Sampson, Paris Horne, and a slew of other guys who aren't NBA talents are out there lowering the collective talent level of the team.
It's the summer league, not the finals. There is no need to read any more into it than what it is.
Jerryd Bayless--30 ppg
Quincy Douby--23 ppg
Von Wafer--24 ppg
Adam Morrison--20 ppg
In other words, it's the Summer League.
Since the teams from last year's regular season and now are so completely the same? Fantastic comparison.On top of that, I saw the same poor shot selection all last year during the regular season.
Thanks chief.But I guess you are free to think what you want...
Summer league is to be enjoyed, not analyzed.
Into the crevasse!
"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"
Im not sure how telling Mully to jack every 3 is gonna help his game. Hell, players should practice how they are gonna play which should always be SMART and HARD. This was an actual game.
Actually some of the lesser players you mentioned played well esp Brown and took smarter shots than the core guys.
True you have to take the summer league for what it is. Gloried scrimmage and even in a scrimmage you can learn some things.
I would bet money you will still see Kemba, Mully, and other players taking an exuberant amount of poor low % shots.
Some of you are missing the point.
This is about coaching at the end of the day. A coach has got to instill discipline in his team in regards to shot selection.
Granted this is the summer league but, I certainly wouldnt let that be an excuse to let my players play poorly.
Either you play smart and hard ALL the time or you wont play. Simple as that.