Oh..and here is the new introduction. You can't see the screen footage much because of the glare (my guess is, it will change a couple of games into the season as almost all of the footage was from Summer League and practice highlighting the new logo, colors and roster).
Blockparty, were you at the game tonight? If so, what are your thoughts on the offence and defence in general? The Wizards shot 33% from the field, was that due to the Bobcats' superb defence or because it was the first game of the pre-season? and what's up with the lack of offensive rebounds?
We will be exciting to watch this year, we made some stupid mistakes that probably cost us 20 points (between turnovers and missed shots) yet still scored 55 in the first half and 100 for the game.
Our defense, the trapping/full-court pressure was invoked periodically after made baskets or free-throws, and was generally successful (the layups we gave up were in the half-court set, via back door cuts or break downs in communication). We also had 7 blocks and altered a few more also.
I agree about Haywood. To me, there was a little bit of a drop off in the half-court defense when he wasn't in there. He won't put up huge numbers, but he'll be soooo valuable due to his leadership in that area.
Ben Gordon will be very fun to watch. He'll pile on the points, which is fine by me. That press of theirs will cause some problems, especially if they break it out on the right lineups. If the other team's backup PG is a little shaky, I see Dunlap breaking out the press and wreaking some havoc.
Those hostesses do need some practice, you're right. They'll get better with time, though. Good showing overall, I say.
good win today, most of our players got decent minutes
NBA Playoff Picks- http://www.youngsportspicks.com/Purchase_Picks.html
My Article on Anthony Bennett http://sportsclt.com/charlotte-bobca...-bobcats-at-4/
Post-game interview with Dunlap, he seems happy, had no pre-conceived plan with minutes-was just what he felt during the course of the game, he'll use MKG at the PF some but acknowledges we aren't a very good defensive rebounding team when we go play small ball and use of "kill-shots" in describing hendo's green light.
Dunlap Post-Game Preseason game 1 vs Washington
The blonde that was doing Bobcats TV was talking to one of the guys in my section and was saying she is only filling in while they find someone else.
I was also really impressed with Haywood being so vocal on defense. This team still has a long way Ti go but I believe they wil give some teams trouble. I can't wait for the season to start.
Follow BCP on Twitter
But the question becomes, how many PF's in the league can guard MKG off the dribble (scouting report would probably be...make him shoot the jumper).
I was at the game, and I must say that I currently BELIEVE in Mike Dunlap. That was the most fun I've ever had at a preseason contest. I thought they played like they were in a tight playoff race.
1. The Bobcats attacked relentlessly on offense and defense, with a 12ish-man rotation. It was a perfect style for our roster.
2. I was very impressed with the defense. Seemed like MKG was disrupting things left and right. Haywood is like a giant wall in the middle.
3. Ben Gordon and Ramon Sessions create/penetrate on offense like no Bobcat could last year. They bring something that we sorely missed.
4. MKG had at least 3 breakaway dunks, and another potential breakaway alley oop negated by a hard foul. And also at least one strong, attacking lay-in from a half court set. The guy looked just as effective against pros with his particular style as he did against NCAA players last year. He also looks physically stronger in person.
5. Gerald Henderson played significant minutes at the "3" in addition to the "2". I thought he looked good and comfortable out there.
6. Haywood is a far superior player to Bismack Biyombo. If Dunlap wants to win now, he's gotta stick with Haywood.
7. Brad Beal looks like a nice player for the Wizards. It must be noted that they didn't play Wall or Okafor.
8. Thank you Bobcats for handing out lower level tickets to those of us sitting in the nosebleeds. Very cool move to have your staff go around and do that.