In the spirit of our gun control thread which had some really interesting discussion. I thought I'd bring up another somewhat controversial subject.
Should it be legal?
On the legalization side:
On the keep it illegal side:
- an argument can be made that alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than marijuana many, many times over yet those 2 are legal.
- Legalizing would reduce the prison population of people who were caught with relatively small amounts of marijuana
- It would help cancer patients as well as people suffering from chronic pain and stress
- If it were legalized you could grow the hell out of it, tax the hell out of it and bring more cash into the legal economy
- There are those that believe that marijuana is a gateway drug that would lead to much harder and more dangerous drugs
- If you legalize it, will it lead to legalization of those harder drugs?
- Some feel that if it is legalized it will lead to more kids using it.
What are your thoughts? Legalize it or not?