............how in the world
(1) New President of Basketball Operations - Michael Jordan finds a way to fire his good friend Rod Higgins and brings in Phil Jackson in a very similar role to what Bob Johnson did when he brough Jordan in. Make him the President of Basketball Operations and give him a stake in the ownership of the team to ensure nobody is able to poach him away.
(2) Let Phil Hire a Coach - It is clear that Rod Higgins judgment is pretty terrible when it comes to making a decision on hiring a head coach. Phil is one of the great coaches in NBA history and knows what it takes to be a winner. I know that Brian Shaw burned some bridges last time around in Charlotte but I would like to see him come in and install the Triangle.
(3) Franchise Altering Acquisition - Trade Michael Kidd-Gilcrhist and Return Detroit's 1st Round Pick in exchange for Greg Monroe. The Bobcats would get a franchise center that would fit perfectly in Phil Jackson's triangle offense with his versatile offensive game. EXTEND his contract and lock him up in Charlotte for the forseeable future. (The reason I think this is possible is because there are grumblings on the local sports talk shows that Monroe wants out).
(4) Draft - Trade #1 or #2 Overall Pick to Portland for the #10 in 1st Round and #10 Pick in 2nd Round and for Portland to remove all protections from their pick next year. With the #10 Pick draft Giannis Adetokunbo (who reminds me of a young Lamar Odom). At the rate he continues to grow and given his frame I could see him filling out at 6'10 230 and being a nightmare matchup at the PF position. With the 10th Pick in the 2nd Round choose Tim Hardaway, Jr. who can be a valuable piece of the roster moving forward as a combo PG/SG.
(5) Resign Gerald Henderson - I really liked what I saw out of Henderson towards the end of the season I think he is truly turning the corner and very close to becoming an 18-20 ppg and 38+ percent from the 3-Point line.
(6) 2014 Draft - The roster assembled will have the foundation to be a very good team but will still be lacking a few key positions which can be addressed in the incredibly talented 2014 Draft. For arguments sake and given the Bobcats current luck lets say they don't get the #1 Overall Pick so they miss out on Wiggins. With the #2 Pick the Bobcats then draft Jabari Parker. Then with Portland's pick they draft Mitch McGary.
Then in 2014 the Bobcats starting lineup would look like:
PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Gerald Henderson
SF: Jabari Parker
PF: Mitch McGary
C: Greg Monroe
Off the Bench:
PG: Tim Hardaway Jr.
SG: Jeffrey Taylor
SF/PF: Giannis Adetokunbo
PF/C: Bismack Biyombo
I am a big big fan of that 9 man rotation. I think that would be one of the best young rosters in the NBA. You also can't rule out a "star" veteran free agent being attracted to Charlotte with Phil Jackson running the front office and bringing credibility to the franchise.
That is just my dream.
............how in the world
Greg Monroe will be in Detroit for at least the next 5-7 years. The Pistons will match any offer that Monroe receives next offseason and they are not going to trade him. MKG and a 1st rounder would not be enough to get Monroe anyway. We are going to have to draft a big man or overpay for one that will not be matched by their current team (Nikola Pekovic?).
At some point we are going to have to add a veteran or two to help out with the development of our young guys. I think going after Antawn Jamison this offseason would be a great move for us. I would also like to bring in Hansbrough as he is just a gritty player who goes out there and gives his full effort and does a lot of dirty work. He reminds me a lot of Nick Collison in that respect.
#4 doesn't work at all. PDX would just remove their protections on their pick and THEN trade us a future first rounder? No way in hell they'd do that, not for our piddly top 5 pick. Let alone that I really doubt that Hardaway, Jr will fall to the 2nd round in this week draft (possible but...) plus there is no way he is playing PG in the NBA.
I like your chutzpah though.
Zenmaster might need a bit more...Zen before he posts some of these plans.
Okay, in all seriousness, I find several problems with your proposal.
1. Detroit will never give away Monroe, I just don't ever see it happening since he's a double-double guy with good offense. They're banking on him and Knight for their future.
2. Portland trade would never work either I feel.
Proud Australian Bobcats Fan!!!
Fire one friend of Michael with little GM experience for another friend of Michael with little GM experience. Got it.
Oh and keep Shaw away.
Into the crevasse!
"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"
Detroit would never do that. And Parker is 6'9 and can easily play the 4,so you'd be trading MKG away for nothing. And i actually do think we'll get the #1 pick in 2014. Orlando will get it this year,because they always do when they're up against us. And we'll be going back to the Hornets name after next summer,so i think Stern will wait for the time to be right and we'll actually get our superstar in Wiggins! (fingers crossed.)
Cho needs the keys to the car regardless of who is fired and hired. He is the General Manager; he should be the final say on all peronnel decisions, in my opinion. We would be making a major mistake not allowing him to do so.