bobcats are not in the playoffs, and off-season is a while from now so i figured i would create something to talk about. i will be posting the top 10 of every position in the next couple of days.
1. chris paul- cp3 could avg 25 ppg if he wanted but, its not needed with clippers. chris paul game is flawless and he can fit in any coaches scheme as a pass first pg, scorer or balanced. chris paul is also one of the toughest pg's in the lg and will challenge a 7 footer face to face if needed.
2. russell westbrook- i was never a fan of westbrook but you cant deny how great he is. i always had a problem with the way westbrook tried to force his game ,and how he would cancel out durant at times. this year westbrook game is little more less selfish which gave him and the team more chemistry. russell is one of the best on ball defending pg in the lg , he is the best rebounding pg in the lg and he also is the best post up pg in the lg. if westbrook had his own team he could be a top 5 five player(lebron,paul,durant,melo,and kobe) .
3.derrick rose- although he's been injured he won mvp at the age of 22 which is crazy alone. his ceiling is maybe the highest in lg considering how he recovers from injury.
4.deron williams. deron is still a superstar, who had somewhat a suspect year but recovered at the right time. deron is still an great athlete(did a reverse dunk in the playoffs), and along with cp3 , he can fit in any situation as a scorer,pass first,or balanced. it is not an easy transition for an primary ball-handler to play with another primary ball-handler(joe johnson) unless drafted together and of course time played together . kobe-nash failed, iverson-melo failed, monta ellis -brandon jennings failed, i was never a fan of that situation and time & time again history shows but of course there are some exceptions.
5. rondo- rondo is the retro jason kidd. it took jason kidd years to develop a shot ,but it came around fast enough for him to make him 3rd all-time in 3's. rondo is an walking triple double and this year i've seen him become more of a scorer and an effective shooter. rondo is the best on ball guard in the lg and was willing to check lebron at one point, so that says alot about his competitive nature.
6. stephen curry - maybe the best scoring pg in nba history . curry shooting is off the charts but handles is also ridiculous. in college he wasn't as flashy but after watching curry the past couple of years he has a little streetball game . the thing about curry is that he's also a good on ball defender , and great stealer but not the passing lane type , the type who pickpockets dribblers.
7.kyrie irving -may be the 2nd best pg scorer in nba history . irving game is so sick ,and he's like a 6'2 durant . kyrie game also doesnt looks forced but more silky smooth. irving does have an major flaw and it is his defense , it is kinda bad.he may be higher if he wasnt so injury prone and defense .
8.tony parker- unstoppable driver , and his lay-ups are almost a 100%. the reason i feel that tony is so low despite winning 4 ships is because i feel that any of the top 7 guards above could of did the same thing with duncan,ginobli,and pop. that doesn't take nothing away from him except i think he's great player but not a superstar.
9. jrue holliday - he's a very complete guard(6'4 ) who is good at everything. my only problem with jrue is that he kinda dwindled at the end of the season which contributed towards the 76ers meltdown.
10.mike conley- conley's game has expanded with the depature of rudy . conley has a pure shoot and also plays within the game pace. he's also 3rd in steals and is the main reason for the grizz being a defensive powerhouse.
honorable mention- kemba walker - he started hot and fizzled at the end, grieves vasques- one good year , lillard- one good year, and ty lawson- injury prone/ defensive liability, john wall- had a great year but i would like to see him do it again also i would make him interchangeable at the 10th spot but conley is in the playoffs every year so gave him the edge.