It seems to me with 10 days to go that this thing is becoming clearer to predict. This is what I'm seeing, at least as far as I can read it right now:
1. Chicago Bulls - Derrick Rose
2. Minnesota Timberwolves - Michael Beasley (trade with Miami)
3. Miami Heat - O.J. Mayo
4. Seattle Sonics - Jerryd Bayless
5. Memphis Grizzlies - Kevin Love
6. New York Knicks - Anthony Randolph
7. LA Clippers - Eric Gordon
8. Milwaukee Bucks - Joe Alexander
9. Charlotte Bobcats - DeAndre Jordan
10. NJ Nets - Danilo Gallinari
11. Indiana Pacers - DJ Augustin (or Russell Westbrook)
12. Sacramento Kings - Brook Lopez
13. Portland Trailblazers - ha this is where it comes apart....I can see someone trading up to this spot and take Russell Westbrook, but have no idea who that would be. There's a lot of talent left though with Darrell Arthur, Marreese Speights, Donta Greene and Brandon Rush on the board.
I just don't think that Randolph, Love or Gordon will be available to the Bobcats at 9. DeAndre Jordan might actually be the best they can do there.
Last edited by Keetch; 06-16-2008 at 10:07 PM.
I really want Love or Randolph, but I think both will be gone, If thats the case I think its between Jordan and Lopez...Thats if we don't trade down, I wouldn't mind trading down a little bit and getting Hibbert and adding a veteran or another pick...
For some reason i don't want Jordan or Lopez, I don't think Randolph will be on the board, And i don't want D.J. If we pick at nine i hope we go Hibbert or Westbrook.
Unless some one else falls beside Lopez .
I would rather trade down and draft Hibbert and try to pick up somthing extra.
If not we draft Westbrook BPA. at nine.
Chad Ford at ESPN has his 5.0 out today and we are taking Brook Lopez yet again. This is like 3 weeks in a row. I am betting he must have some connection he speaks with who has let it be know we prefer to move Okafor to PF and are looking at Lopez as he is more of a sure thing than Jordan. His ceiling is not as high, but he is more of a sure thing.
I actually think Brook has the higher bust potential. I dont believe he is a sure thing at all.
and i wouldnt necessarily say that he has connections that make him think Okafor to PF either. its a mock draft, hes never been 100% correct meaning he makes a bunch of stuff up.
HOWEVER (stephen ass smith style) the guys that we brought in (almost all C's) seem to agree with your point so maybe your right. but i hope not.
Into the crevasse!
"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"
I'd rather go risk rather than the "sure thing".
Morrison was more of a sure thing that Rudy Gay, and look how that's ended up. Then again Brandon Roy was also a sure thing to just be "solid".
If he is a Top 5 talent why would we leave him on the board at #9 especially having a need at the position. Scary.