and get a 3 way blockbuster.
We've already discussed the potential of Utah shopping Booz around, due to the potential of him bolting after next year.
Artest has all but demanded a trade from Sacramento, lowering what they would get back. Would they accept Felton and Ammo for Artest? Stranger things have happened. It looks like the Lakers are not willing to give them Odom for Artest.
Cat's Starting Five/Backups:
Augustin/MLE (Or Vice Versa)
Barring injury I think that gets us to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs. Of course, a second ballhandler w/ some experience would be extremely important.
Anyone here think Shaun Livingston will ever have a positive impact on the basketball court again? And would anyone take a flyer on him for the league minimum?
I personally would, though I'm not suggesting he would be the answer to our need for an experienced ballhandler in this scenario. I know it's highly doubtful I'm just curious what everyone else thinks.
this would be a great deal for the bobcats even tho i no this would prolly never happen...i look at it as gerald an felton for booz an artest cuz may's knees are pretty much done an morrison is unathletic an i dont think anything better than a 7th or 8th guy...so i look at it this way:
1) do we really want to go into the season with augistine as a starter?? i think livingston would be a nice pick up but who knows if he would be 100%
2) losing gerald is huge cuz he is what fans come to see, he is awesome on D, an he is a leader...HOWEVER...he is one or 2 concusions away from gettin really hurt and his offense is mediocre
3) artest is a great defender also, so losing gerald wouldnt be too bad in that aspect and he's got some pretty good offense...more importantly he would bring a bad boy presence to a defensive orientated coach...i think LB would like this as long as artest remains "coachable"
4) boozer plays better O then he does D, but we have never really had a great scorer down low so this would be great...as many have said tho, any trade involving boozer must require a sign an trade or im sure he would bolt after one year
4) okafor has to remain a bobcat for this to be a good trade...boozer needs him an he needs boozer for this front court to be great
5) so now we need to think about the whole money situation....do we have enough to lock up okafor, boozer, an artest after making this trade with still enuff money to go out an sign another pg??
if we could lock those 3 up then our line up would be sick an i'd be all for it!
not ever gonna happen and we most likely wouldnt be able to give them each the amount of money to make them happy...but that would definitely be a sick lineup...most dominant frontcourt in my opinion with artest (underrated scorer, supreme defender), boozer (dominant offense, great rebounding), okafor (great defense, great rebounding)
that trade works on the trade machine, but okafors salary isn't on there
and a PG to sign would be Carlos Arroyo he played for LB in DET
Arroyo would be a nice pick up in this situation. He really shined in the FIBA America's tournament for what its worth.
this whole thing would be a locker room disaster. disaster.
I really would rather keep what we have than take a chance of this blowing up in our face.
Into the crevasse!
"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"
......Go Bobcats!!!!! (Hornets) ..