Next up is the living-legend, the people's champ, the man without fear, the five time five time five time five time five time Photoshop Champion Amour217... Enjoy
Bobcats Planet name: Amour217
Real name (first only): Chris
Current City: Fort Mill, SC
Hometown: Bridgeport, CT
Occupation: Citizen Preparedness Coordinator for the SC Office of Homeland Security
1) How did you choose your screen name?
I wanted something French as a screen name, so instead of picking something like "SalleDeBoeuf217" I went with amour.
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I grew up in the largest (and ghettoest) city in CT. I grew up with my mom and grandparents.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
Early on in high school I played basketball A LOT. Then I tried out for my HS basketball team & found out it was more about being buddies with the coach than your actual skill level, so I gave it up after that. I did play varsity volleyball my junior year, though.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
Being insane with my friends, and also being in marching band. A lot of people make fun of band, but considering where I grew up, being in band kept me out of trouble, taught me a skill, & taught me some discipline and dedication.
5) What was your first job?
I worked as an in-seat server at a minor league baseball stadium in my hometown...the most fun job I've ever had.
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Bobcat's?
I grew up a Celtics fan (I know, I know), but where I lived, basketball was always at best an hour away. When I came to Charlotte for grad school I was excited to see a team actually IN the city where I was.
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Bobcat's?
The year before the C's got Garnett, they came to play against us and - honestly - we were both horrible that season. But what made that game great was that Paul Pierce and Crash were in this hardcore scoring duel: they both scored over 40 that night, I think. It was an awesome display of two players who, until that point, didn't get enough credit for what they could do. And yes, I cheered for the 'cats.
8 ) How did you find the Bobcats Planet and what keeps you active on the site?
I can't remember exactly, but I read about it on another board or website...since realgm wouldn't give me a membership and I was accepted here, I stuck around. Why do I stay active here? You guys are freaking nuts...and I love it!
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
My first love is baseball, and I'm a HUGE New York Yankees fan...I used to have season tickets and that's one of the few things I miss about being back northeast.
10) When you’re not on Bobcats Planet what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
I like to read and cook, they're both stress relief for me: I've also started learning the bass guitar.
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Bobcats organization, what would it be?
I'd definitely want to be in marketing...I think the Bobcats can definitely benefit from some alternative, and even bizarre, marketing schemes...maybe viral stuff...I'd love to be a part of it.
12) How many trips have you made to the Time Warner Cable Arena?
Hmm...at least 15.
13) What is your worst fear?
Deformed midgets tying me down and teaching me algebra.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Cooking, cleaning, music, being gangsta, flossing the bling bling, all of that stuff...
15) What’s your favorite food?
Mofongo...it's a Puerto Rican dish made with plantains
16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
My favorite city ever is New York City, though Charleston is very high on my list. I went to Venice for my honeymoon and absolutely loved it...such a beautiful place with a laid-back vibe. Last year I had the opportunity to check out the Grand Canyon and it was one of my favorite places to go.
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Swim with Manta Rays
18 ) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
19) Name your favorite 3 Bobcats all time and explain the reason for one of them.
1: Gerald Wallace - He IS the Bobcats. Nuff said.
2: Raymond Felton - he tries his hardest and he's a good guy, especially when you see him busy buying a bed-in-a-bag at JC Penney.
3: Matt Carroll - wasn't the most skilled, but you could never call him the laziest guy on the court.
20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Bobcats Planet memories?
Fine Ham Biscuit. Easily. It was one of those moments where I was almost sure no one would get it, but I decided to post the picture anyway.
21) Anything else you'd like to add?
I think Rick Bonnell is ballwhore.
Who would you like to nominate to be interviewed next?
Part of me really wants to nominate ballwhore lol but I'm gonna go with my boy Swedd2813308004 (or whatever the numbers are)